Monday, September 25, 2017

LEAFLETS - DRUGSTORES




 This material is being posted for the teachers who attended my WEBINAR at SBS.
This WEBINAR was about using leaflets given by drugstores as material to teach English.

Here you will find some suggestions of vocabulary to be taught and some small dialogues to be practiced.



FOLHETOS DE FARMÁCIAS


Drogasil Drogaria São Paulo, Farma Ponte

Criado por Márcia Cristina Carvalho Garcia

Temas: Medicine, Make up, Perfume, Cream

Tópico Gramátical: Should, Had better, It’s a good idea, It’s important
VOCABULÁRIO

PARTS OF THE BODY
PHYSICAL PROBLEMS
MEDICINE
head


eye
A cold
Cough Drops
ear
A backache
Antacid
nose
An earache
Nasal Spray
Teeth-tooth
A stomachache
Aspirin
throat
A toothache
Muscle Cream
wrist
A cough
Pills
arm
A fever
Cough Syrup
stomach
The Flu
Eye Drops
neck
Dry Eyes

finger
A sore throat

kneea


ankle


leg


foot


toe






Conversation:
A: How do you feel?
B: I feel sick.
A: What’s wrong with you?
B: I have an earache

QUESTIONS
ANSWERS
USEFUL EXPRESSIONS
ADJECTIVES




What’s the matter?
I have a ….
That’s good
Horrible
What’s wrong?
I feel sick.
I am glad to hear that.
Awful
How are you?
I feel better.
That’s too bad.
Terrible
How do you feel?
I don’t feel well
I am sorry to hear that.
Miserable



Fine



Great



Terrific



Fantastic

























A: What should you do for a cold?
B: It’s important to………………………….
It’s helpful to ……………………………….
It’s a good idea to ……………………………………..

AT THE DRUGSTORE
               

Can I help you?

Containers
Can I have a box of cough drops?

A tube of…
May  I have a bottle of aspirin?

A bottle of….


A box of…
What do you suggest\have for dry skin?
You could try this lotion
A can of…

You should get some skin cream
A jar of….

Why don’t you try this ointment?
A pack of….


A stick of….


A bag of…

0 comments:

Post a Comment